Know the West Java Provincial Code and what are the conditions
West Java is the only province first formed since the Dutch colonial era, with n the provincial code for West Java which is 32. Even so, this province, based on Law No. 11 of 1950, has been created since July 4, 1950, since it was recognized by the Indonesian government. As for the government center itself in Bandung.
This province has an area of about 35,377.76 square kilometers, even almost reaching 2% of Indonesia’s land area. In addition, this province is also known as the second largest area specifically for the island of Java, with East Java being ranked as the first most extensive. Its population reaches more than 50 million people.
West Java becomes the most populated area
You should know that West Java province has become one of the most populated areas in Indonesia with a different West Java province code. Where the population level has reached 50 million people more than the total population of the country. Laju population growth in West Java in the period 2019 till now is actually increasing.
This considers the large number of local residents who urbanize this area. The reasons for the increasing population movement to West Java itself vary, ranging from work interests to environmental conditions. While the area with the smallest population, namely Banjar City, has about 185 thousand people.
Nearly 80% of West Java’s population chooses to live in urban areas due to industrial factors. Other regions such as Bogor, Depok, Bekasi, and so on account for at least 39 percent of the total population of West Java itself.
Note that the majority of the population of West Java is Sundanese. Where this tribe is known as the indigenous people of the land of Java in this western part. While Javanese are more commonly found in the northern region of West Java, the Betawi tribe mostly inhabits the Jakarta area and its surroundings.
In addition, there are also Batak tribes and Minang tribes, which are also found in the West Java region, especially urban areas, such as Bogor, Depok and Bandung. While the Chinese population is also often found in almost all areas of West Java, they are mostly dispersed.
Region code of government administration in Indonesia
Before we discuss further related to the West Java province code, for example, the regional code 32.73.02.1005 is the regional code of Sekeloa Village.
As for the code, it has displayed information from the local government area code that houses it ranging from subdistricts, cities to provinces, including:
- Coblong Subdistrict (områdenummer dvs. 32.73.02)
- Bandung City (områdenummer dvs. 32.73)
- West Java provinskode (regionskode, dvs. 32)
Meanwhile, another example such as the area code 36.71.07 is the code of the Karawaci district headed by the local government, namely:
- Tangerang City (områdenummer dvs. 36.71)
- Banten Province (region code, i.e. 36)
In addition, there is also an area code of 33.74, which is the city of Semarang with its local government, namely:
- Central Java Province (region code, i.e. 33)
You should know that the Government of Indonesia, through the Ministry of Interior (Kemendagri), has updated the regional code every five years. Where to do this by issuing a Permendagri (regulation of the Minister of Internal Affairs) with a new regional code and data.
Moreover, when there is regional expansion or even a large number of villages, there is a transition of villages into villages. Until now, the last Permendagri provincial code in the West Java region was released Permendagri RI No. 137 from 2017. Where this takes place in Jakarta since December 27, 2017.
Since the adoption of Permendagri, the former Permendagri will be revoked and declared no longer valid. This is stated in section 13 of permendagri no. 137 of 2017. According to information in the latest Permendagri, Indonesia currently has:
- 34 provinces
- 514 cities/districts (98 cities + 416 districts)
- 201 subdistricts/districts
- 83,436 villages (8,479 villages + 74,957 villages)
- 185 regionskoder.
Provinskoder i Vestjava
You’re probably familiar if you hear the name West Java, right? Yes, one of the provinces of Indonesia that is visited by many locals because of the beauty and cool factor of the living environment there.
As we know, this province with the capital Bandung is actually famous as a cold and cool region. In addition, Bandung itself is often referred to as the city of flowers.
Why is that? This is due to the fact that in ancient times Bandung was considered very beautiful with many trees and flowers blooming. Not only that, previously Bandung also got the name Paris van Java because of its beauty. You should know if the provincial code for West Java is 32.
As for the code of the region, it is supposed to know the characteristics of the province. With this area code, you can more easily make telecommunications based on observations from the transport agency in Indonesia.
This area code itself is a series of numbers and points that display the code and data of the Indonesian government administration area in each region, be it from the village/kelurahan, the subdistrict, the city/kab level, even the province, as well as the provincial code of West Java.
The function of this Code is to speed up and facilitate the management of the state administrative areas in Indonesia. In addition, you should know if this code can also show the level and ode of the area of the local government that houses it, such as the West Java province code of 32.
Must-know provinsielle kodebestemmelser
The following is a discussion of the provisions of the provincial and city/regency area codes, including:
Below are the provisions to be considered when determining the provincial territory.
- The two-digit number pertama is the provincial area number.
- The provincial code is usually assigned according to the location of the geographical area of the Indonesian island, where this usually starts from west to east.
- The first digit of the number for the province is located in:
- Sumatra Island: marked with number 1 or 2
- Java Island: marked with number 3 or 4
- The islands of Bali and Nusa Tenggara: marked with number 5
- Kalimatan Island: marked with number 6
- Sulawesi Island: marked with number 7
- Maluku Island: marked with number 8
- New Guinea Island: marked with number 9
The second digit of the provincial code is usually assigned according to the order in which the province is formed. As we know, the provincial code of West Java is 32.
- City and county area codes
Below are also a number of provisions on the area code of the city/district area.
- City/district codes are usually 4-digit, where the number consists of a 2-digit provincial area code, a character used as a separator, namely a period, and a 2-digit city/regency code.
- Two digits after the first dot is the code of the city or county.
- Meanwhile, the first digit of the number for the city code is 7 to 9, while the first digit of the number for the district code is 0 to 6.
- County codes usually start from the numbers 01, 02, 03 to 69 based on the order in which the county is formed.
- City codes usually start from the numbers 71, 72, 73 to 99 based on the order in which the city itself is formed.
For example, wilayais the h-code like 33.22 the area code of Semarang Regency, precisely in Central Java province (33). Meanwhile, the regional code 33.74 indicates the area code of Semarang City in Central Java Province (33). For the West Java province code itself is indicated by the number 32.